Sail22 really looks forward to coming to Key West every year and we’ve been thinking about reasons why you should bring your team here to join us. Here are a few we came up with:
1) Tropical…warm…sun…blue water. Need we say more?
2) It’s like a family reunion. We both agree that this is the regatta where we are able to catch up with the most people who we don’t normally see.
3) It’s hard not to have a good time here.
4) Any day sailing is a better day than being stuck behind a desk! We’ve both learned that.
5) Cool Boats. It’s a Grand Prix event. It’s always been one of THE regattas for a class to do. This year the RC 44′s caught on and joined in the fun.
6) Where we are from…it’s downright cold currently…and snowy. We’ll take tropical any day.
7) Great restaurants, bars and entertainment of all varieties.
8 ) Premiere Racing use top Principal Race Officers and Race Committees. They are really professional in what they do.
9) Only two races a day! Plenty of time to have fun off the water.
10) Five days of racing and a parties. What other events are there in the US that give you that?
11) Excellent competition. People are excited to come from all over the world to race here…and it’s not a Worlds, North Americans or any other single class event where that would happen. Where else do you see that in the US sailing scene?
I’m sure there are more…comment and add on. We’re personally tired of seeing any sailing event in the US ripped and torn apart. It’s not good for sailing in our country or in general. What do you think?
-Becky & Ed